Online Editorial Assistant – Dating/Relationships for Women at GoddessConnec...
Do women’s issues with respect to relationships, sex and dating get you all fired up?
Are you the one that all of your girlfriends come to for advice on relationships, sex or dating and you love to help them out?
Are you looking to break into the world of creative journalism and looking for an avenue to share your ideas and opinions?
Do you love to be organized and you “geek out” on technology?
An established dating advice site (that is a division of controversial women’s magazine publisher) is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial writer/editor to work in-house (with virtual access) to prepare features, advice, commentary and editorial content for our women’s newsletters and products/services.
This is a “work-hard, get dirty” environment; one where you will be challenged on a daily basis and yet encouraged to speak your voice and to make an immediate impact on the organization and the audience we serve.
This particular team that you would be working with is growing and re-forming and offers you an opportunity to help shape content and customer products on day one. You will be working with and have access to world-renowned subject matter experts, thought leaders and women who run it in all different walks of life. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience and is a great entry into the world of online media publishing and editorial work.
- You will be providing assistance in all stages of the publication of an online magazine that is published to a worldwide audience and it’s social media, press releases, etc
- You will support editorial staff in the administration of the commissioning, planning and production of publications.
- You will perform a range of administrative and editorial tasks necessary to get the publications published.
- You will act as the liaison for the many people involved in a publication, from the receipt of texts from authors through to the handover to production staff.
- Four-year degree in journalism, media, communications, public relations, women’s studies, health sciences, psychology, sociology, anthropology, literature, history, English or other relevant relationship or editorial-related major.
- Excellent writing and editing skills (This above all else is the most important as you will be under deadline).
- A track record of successful research projects and knowledge of online research tools, including search engines, current events/affairs sites.
- Knowledge of software technologies (eg. Basecamp, Googleapps, Skype, Evernote)
- Excels in working in a collaborative environment including virtually.
- A highly entrepreneurial attitude and desire to learn about the online media publishing industry.
- Experience working in a accurate deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of, expertise or significant interest in women in leadership in the following areas:business/career/entrepreneurship, health/fitness/wellness, relationships/parenting/dating, and fashion/beauty, opinions, finance and commentary.
- Thorough understanding and expertise in Google Apps, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Minimum one or two years of professional writing and/or editing experience.
- You have been exposed to and used Camtasia, Basecamp, Screenflow, Skype and Evernote in your projects.
Experience in Digital Media, Internet Marketing and/or Publishing industries.
You have a portfolio of your thought provoking and analytical work; accounting and financial analysis.
You have worked with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks and Dreamweaver.
You read, write and speak another language.
We are primarily a virtual organization. We are flexible and believe in a rewarding work environment.
Opportunity to make a difference for women worldwide - using your voice and skills - to effect positive change.
Environment of continuous learning,awareness and growth.
Ability to own and deliver projects that you create, investigate, plan and execute. You are your results.
Recognition for Innovation, Provocation, Hard Work, Influence and Results!
Potential for Full Time Position and additional roles.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations for consideration to email@example.com