Technical Project Manager at Fullscreen in Culver City, CA
We’re looking for a brilliant mid-level Technical Project Manager in Los Angeles to work with a team of engineers in developing scalable web applications.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will keep our engineering team running like a well-oiled machine, helping engineers focus on what they love and are best at, and giving product managers visibility into the development cycle and scheduling of releases of new features and products.
We’re looking for the kind of person who goes to bed at night and dreams about ways of increasing velocity. In your spare time, you probably go hunting for dependencies and you zero in on them with maximum precision and you fire at them with engineering resources. In daily stand-up meetings, you’re listening closely for signs of trouble, always keeping projects on track. You probably have a strong affinity for web development. Maybe you even have an engineering background, but you didn’t choose the project management life; the project management life chose you (probably because you’re so awesome at project management).
- Conduct & manage daily stand up meetings with the LA engineering team
- Coordinate coast-to-coast with our Atlanta based engineering team
- Work closely with the product team to prioritize features and groom the product backlog
- Identify and remove engineering roadblocks
- Work with engineering to estimate tasks and communicate milestones to product management, engineering teams and customers
- Perform basic QA and acceptance testing
- Vet, triage, and escalate bugs and issues, working closely with customer support and engineering
- You’ve got 2-4+ years of professional experience managing the development of technology products.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or management or you have equivalent professional experience.
- You’ve worked in an an environment practicing an Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, sprint planning, product and sprint backlogs.
- You’re comfortable with technologies like Git, Heroku, MVC frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails), SQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), and front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS).
- You’ve used tools like Pivotal Tracker, Basecamp, GitHub issues, JIRA, or similar (we happen to use a mix of Pivotal Tracker, GitHub Issues, and Basecamp)
- You’re familiar with project management tools like OmniPlan
- You’ve worked with a team that was in multiple geographical areas
Perks and Benefits:
- Fully stocked snack closet, the contents of which is decided by the team (including you!)
- Flexible work schedule
- Regular Smash Brothers Melee battles
- Want to learn CoffeeScript? Learn it using Code School, available at no charge to you
- Vast reference library of DRM-free eBooks (don’t see the book you want? We’ll buy it)
- $2,500 technology stipend (typical work setup includes current-generation MacBook Air, Cinema Display, magic mouse, wireless keyboard, etc.)
- You may attend 1 domestic conference relating to your industry each year (available to those with 6+ months tenure)
- Catered lunches on Friday
- Insurance, including health, dental, and vision
- 2 weeks paid time off per year