Director, Business Development - Music at Fullscreen in Culver City, CA
Director, Business Development - Music
Fullscreen, Inc is positioned squarely and strategically at the intersection of content and technology - we are the #1 independent global network on YouTube and quickly growing into a next generation media company. We currently have a large network of music channels on the platform, with hundreds of artists delivering millions of views per month. We need an innovative, digital-savvy music executive to join our innovative management team and oversee all of our business units in music, our strategic partnerships in the space, and driving opportunities off and on YouTube.
Reporting to the SVP of BusinessDevelopment and Strategy, this person will be responsible for Fullscreen's overall music business. This is an opportunity to trail blaze the continued evolution of the music business in the digital age. YouTube is the largest platform in the world for music discovery today, and we plan on leveraging that in a number of ways and becoming more involved with the careers of our key artists.
Fullscreen operates over 10,000 YouTube channels and is the market leader in services for creators, media companies, and brands on YouTube.
You will be responsible for all aspects of Fullscreen's music business. This includes managing current deals with existing labels and publishers, identifying and managing additional ways to syndicate and promote our artists, building a team and overseeing any original music and video production, and driving all key growth areas for Fullscreen's music business.
- Work with existing and potential partners to negotiate and close digital deals to optimize Fullscreen's digital music revenues and talent development opportunities
- Negotiating licensing agreements with music publishers as well as fulfilling all reporting obligations
- Management of all content audits
- Key executive with strategic and operational oversight for global rights management system
- Regular interaction with counterparts and major and independent record labels, music publishers, collection societies and other key music content partners
- 5 – 7 years of experience in music business development or digital media music business affairs is required
- MBA or JD preferred
- Proven self starter
- Ability to work and be productive independently
- Experience executing deals with companies in a variety of industries, sizes, and locations
- Experience working on both the technology and content sides of the online music industry
- Strong understanding of the online music industry today, including PROs, mechanical rights holders, international societies and global publishing rights holders
- Skilled negotiator
Fullscreen is a global media company that offers innovative technology and premium services for next generation content creators and the world's leading brands to thrive on YouTube. As the largest YouTube network, Fullscreen generates over 2.5 billion monthly video views and reaches over 150 million subscribers. Fullscreen was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen is headquartered in Culver City, California. (www.fullscreen.net)