QA Tester / Test Lead - AS400 at Freeborders in Miami, FL
We are seeking a QA Tester /Lead with QTP, SQL, AS400. Cruise line business experience is a plus. The test engineer ensures that all information systems and services meet company standards and the business user requirements. Perform regression testing on software applications and databases changes to ensure their proper operation and freedom from defects.
- To effectively test the applications develop plans and automated scripts for all assigned areas.
- Should be able to develop regression and automation framework for AS400 applications
- Should be able to interact with different stakeholders like PM, System Analyst/BA and Application manager to strategies and create regression and automation test plan
- Should be able to do hands on testing on QTP/QC
- Should have experience in automating the test cases, regression on QTP
- Scripting language VB, Java is required for automation
- Cross team collaboration – Should be able to work with multiple stakeholders in an organization
- Able to manage global, remote team of testers in China. Defining work-specs working with client to resolve queries and monitor the progress. Report the team progress to client on a periodic basis.
- Execute change management requests and ensure that required documentation has been provided by the application teams.
- Document and report all problems and work with involved teams to ensure they are resolved adequately.
- Perform workflow analyses and recommends quality improvements.
- Assist in user training and process documentation.
- Act as the main business user contact for application systems support.
- Must have 5-7 years of hands-on regression testing on software applications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate about quality and software testing
- Knowledge of JAVA platform is a plus
- A face to face interview is required.
Freeborders is a leading provider of information technology services to large and medium-sized businesses. We provide global consulting, technology and outsourcing services focused on the financial services, travel, and internet e-commerce industries.
We provide extensive domain expertise to U.S. and European companies in three vertical markets: financial services, travel, and internet e-commerce industries. We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices on three continents. Come and join the best and brightest team of talented professionals!
Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package.