UX Designer at Foursquare in New York, NY
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on Foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team Foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, creative, and thoughtful User Experience Designer to join our Product team. We believe we are fundamentally changing the way people experience the world around them and we want someone who is excited to play a huge role in designing and defining these new experiences.
The Designer we are looking for is fluent in current UX best practices and knows exactly when to throw them out the window and blaze a new trail. You’re flexible, playful and as confident as you are skeptical. You know how to look at a nasty problem and efficiently unpack it into manageable parts. You're someone who always notices the tiny details and dies a little bit inside when you see artifacts in the world with thoughtless interaction design. You're intimately familiar with our industry and our product and you know exactly how you'd like to make it better.
We work as a tight cross-disciplinary team here so you need feel comfortable working closely with Engineering & Business Development as well as your fellow Design & Product team members.
- Create the right documentation for the task at hand, ranging from a sketch on a whiteboard to an annotated wireframe that a developer can run with
- Be able to easily pivot between high level product discussions and the low level implications of those discussions
- Help establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms
- Work closely with our product managers, designers and engineers to define the best way to approach a problem
- Know the right questions to ask, and how to ask them
- 5+ years designing experiences across multiple platforms
- A portfolio that includes self-started personal projects for which you had total creative control. It could be an app, website, blog but it should be something where you were able to realize your vision
- A genuine understanding of the location-based services space
- Ability to empathize with a variety of different kinds of users
- Functional understanding of the technology that makes what we do possible
- Passion and ideas about where the Foursquare product can go
- Bonus: be comfortable executing the visual side of interaction design in a pinch
We're hiring in our SoHo, New York City offices. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.