Software Engineer, New Grad at Foursquare in San Francisco or New York, NY
Foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our new grad engineer position:
We have a list of project ideas a mile long, and not enough engineers to get them done. Join us and help out! There are all sorts of things you could help us with. If you like working deep in the stack, you could help us scale our architecture to deal with our rapidly growing (30% a month) user base. If you're more passionate about things a bit closer to the surface, we're making huge improvements to the usability, look and feel of the website. If you're a little bit of both, help us bring our feature ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality. We push new versions of the website and API multiple times a week, so it won't take long to get your work out in front of our millions of users.
Our ideal candidate has experience building real products in the real world through previous internships or open source projects. Your classmates see you as a programming rock star, and go to you with their toughest problems.
We are hiring in both our New York City (SoHo) and San Francisco (SoMa) headquarters. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options and full benefits for all employees.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of foursquare feature set
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience programming in the real world
- Hardcore side projects, open source contributions or internship experience
- Proficient in Java or, even better, experience and/or interest in Scala