Public Relations Director at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our PR Director position:
We’re looking for a superstar PR person that’s passionate about our product and full of ideas on how to communicate its value proposition to the world. You’ll be working closely with the other members of our marketing and communications team to develop strategy and messaging around product releases, partnerships, and other major announcements. Experience working with business and tech press is a must. We need a creative thinker that can execute quickly in a high-pressure environment. Ideally, you also have a great sense of humor and can keep a smile on your face amidst the craziness that is startup life!
This is a full-time position based in our New York City headquarters in SoHo.
- Bachelor's degrees
- 7+ years of PR experience, preferably with some time spent in the technology industry
- Strong people management skills
- Extensive knowledge of business and tech press (must come with a Rolodex of press contacts on both the east and west coasts)
- Knowledge of foursquare, and an ability to clearly communicate its value proposition to various audiences
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth startup environment