Operations Engineer at Foursquare in New York, NY
Foursquare is seeking an experienced Operations Engineer to develop and manage the complex infrastructure needed to support our rapidly surging user base. You will play a lead role in architecting foursquare’s systems infrastructure and designing processes that scale to support millions of users of products that drive highly complex database call requirements. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
This job is ideally based in our headquarter office in the East Village of New York City but we are open to considering remote work from San Francisco/Bay area. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
- Design and manage back-end software components critical to maintaining and scaling Foursquare services as the company grows to support millions of additional users
- Help architect and manage Foursquare infrastructure, identify areas for improvement and proactively monitor and manage hosted environments
- Design and implementation of stage and sandbox environments for foursquare products
- Develop systems and processes to automate server deployment and other infrastructure scaling requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale web and mobile operations in a extremely dynamic environment
- Extremely comfortable with Unix/Linux System Admistration and shell/perl/python scripting
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and other non-relational NoSQL datastores
- JVM expertise
- Familiarity with Amazon EC2/S3, and nginx a plus, as well as basic programming experience
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment