Intern, Business Development - Media Partnerships at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
Your role as Business Development Intern:
Foursquare's business development team is seeking great internship candidates to join the media partnerships team. This is a fantastic opportunity for recent new grads or those looking to break into the NYC startup scene. You will support the media partnerships team by helping with the day-to-day management of our partnerships across the media industry (e.g. television, print, sports, music, digital). You should be familiar with a wide variety of the industry’s business models, be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to your work.
This is a 90-day paid internship. During this three-month period you will work a full 40 hours a week in our SoHo, NY office (Sorry, we cannot accomodate remote workers).
- Provide support to our partners and growing brand community by responding to inbound questions
- Design internal and external collateral (case studies, pitches, etc)
- Provide documentation and FAQ's to improve the onboarding experience for our partners
- Work closely with members of the biz dev team, marketers, and community managers to best understand foursquare's media partner tools and products
- Foursquare user for at least 2 months (share your profile link)
- Must be available to work full-time for 90 days
- Patience with a large amount of requests and sorting through low and high priorities
- Judgment / tact in dealing with questions from our external partners
- Analytical ability to suggest methods and avenues for improvement to processes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle customer service requests with excellent communication skills.
- High level of passion for foursquare to get through some of the mundane aspects of the job and appreciate opportunities to learn from the BD team in NY
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer Savvy (duh!) i.e. dropbox, google docs, excel
All backgrounds are encouraged to apply, especially Business Development, Marketing, Management, TV, Film and New Media.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter. Please include relevant links such as personal website, blog, and/or foursquare user page