Director, Platform Business Development at Foursquare in San Francisco, CA
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce -- sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About this position:
We’re seeking a technically minded, experienced Business Development executive who brings their passion for the foursquare platform to help our team identify and develop new partnerships and support our existing strategic partners.
As a Director, Platform Business Development, you will be leading foursquare’s Platform BD team, defining a structured platform partner strategy in close alignment with our platform/API team, executing negotiations, and developing mutually beneficial, strategic platform partnerships. Additionally, you will be supporting select international partnership opportunities as we are growing our global organization. This is a high-profile role within the foursquare Business Development organization.
- Develop a structured platform partnering approach
- Identify key opportunities in various industries that can leverage foursquare’s developer API and tools
- Negotiate platform/API deals and build deep, long-term partnerships
- As the default API/platform expert on the BD team, this role will support all of the more technically complex integration partnerships throughout the BD organization
- Support various international partnering opportunities with a likely focus on partners in Asia
- Work closely with foursquare’s platform, marketing, sales, engineering, product, and legal teams to support BD team’s ongoing efforts to drive user acquisition and engagement and identify potential monetization opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant business development experience
- Solid technical understanding and the ability to lead high-level product definition and integration discussions
- Deep industry expertise and a strong Rolodex of contacts in the industry
- Sharp strategic thinker who can help design as well as execute foursquare’s platform partnership strategy
- Proven success in sourcing, negotiating, closing and managing complex strategic partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sharp strategic thinker who can help design as well as execute foursquare partnership strategy
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable presenting foursquare capabilities to partners
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
This position is based in our San Francisco office in SOMA. We offer competitive compensation packages, including full benefits and equity for all employees.