Data Scientist - NY at Foursquare in New York, NY
Our goal is to make the real world easier to use. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping half a million registered businesses ranging from local merchants to global brands connect with their customers.
We're growing our data science and analytics team and looking for talented people to help us with projects ranging across the full spectrum of Machine Learning and Statistical Programming disciplines. We are aggressively building out predictive systems and methods for improving our data quality and improving our core algorithms. We are specifically interested in people with experience with prediction or recommender systems, search and ranking algorithms, and classification algorithms.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You have experience building real products in the real world from the ground up or extensive research experience dealing with large datasets. Your teammates see you as a rock star, and go to you with their toughest problems. You're comfortable jumping in the deep end, learning new skills on a bleeding edge platform, and pushing out tons of high quality work fast.
This position will be based at our New York headquarters in SoHo. We offer a competitive compensation package including full benefits and equity options for everyone.
- Help build and shape products that are driven by applying analytical methods to big datasets
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Determine new and innovative ways to improve our data quality, search quality, and predictive capabilities
- MS or PhD in CS/Machine Learning or Statistics or a BS with extensive experience in the field
- 5+ years experience as a data scientist/analyst on large datasets, or research in this area
- Ability to work with big datasets with minimal engineering support
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment