Community Support Intern at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our Community Support Intern position:
We're seeking an enthusiastic, smart, self-motivated, efficient, hard-working intern who genuinely enjoys helping others. As a part of the Community Team, your responsibilities will include moderating and responding to customer support requests and communicating the community’s feedback to the rest of the team. You should be an avid user of foursquare, an excellent written communicator, and a natural problem solver.
- Providing friendly, timely responses to a high volume of support requests while prioritizing the most urgent requests
- Working with the Community Support team to identify and address common questions, feedback, bugs, and other concerns from the foursquare community
- Managing and moderating user-created content, upholding privacy and safety standards, and reviewing flagged content on a daily basis
- Developing new strategies for answering support requests quickly and efficiently and for clearing out our support inbox on a daily basis
- Familiarity with support.foursquare.com and @4sqSupport
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and an analytical and careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, and report bugs
- Ability to prioritize while completing varied tasks
- A passionate foursquare user
Bonus: Prior experience with Zendesk, CoTweet, and other support and community management tools