Business Reporting Analyst at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About this position:
We’re looking for an analytics superstar that’s passionate about our product and analyzing consumer behavior. As our business reporting analyst, you'll support decision making company-wide through a combination of periodic reporting, ad hoc querying and dashboard development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of database querying and reporting experience, ideally at a consumer-facing internet company.
- Advanced SQL and MS Excel skills
- Exposure to big data analysis with Hive, Hadoop, Pig Latin
- Experience with other programming languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Ideal candidate will have developed dashboards for common BI platformd such as MicroStrategy, Spotfire, Tableau or QlikView
- Attention to detail and data quality
- Knowledge of foursquare, and an ability to clearly understand and analyze our usage and metrics
- Must be a self-motivated, team player and be able to work in a small, fast paced, exciting environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
This position is based in our New York City headquarters in SoHo. We offer competitive compensation packages, including full benefits and equity for all employees.