Business Development Manager - International Growth at Foursquare in London, ...
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
Your role as Business Development Manager:
As the newest member of our European Business Development Team, you will be the foursquare representative for one of our target markets (France/Spain/Italy/Germany/Turkey) focusing on building partnerships to drive awareness and adoption of our product across the region.
Your main job will be to engage with a broad range of companies from the retail, media and sports world to change the way that they interact with their customers, followers and fans in the real world. The list of our existing partners is very impressive so far and we hope that with your help we can add more local partners to that list.
Being among the first European employees is an exciting opportunity as you would be planting the seed for our future growth in the region. That also means that you will have to be comfortable picking up a variety of other tasks that might not be immediately related to building partnerships. You should have a great network in your target market (France/Spain/Italy/Germany/Turkey), be familiar with a wide variety of industry business models, be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment, and bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to your work.
This position will be based at our European headquarters in London, UK. We offer competitive compensation packages including equity options and full benefits for everyone.
- Simultaneously manage multiple partnerships to insure closed deals are implemented successfully
- Forge new strategic partnerships that contribute to increased brand awareness and user acquisition
- Develop creative solutions with partners to launch campaigns that align with the company’s product and vision
- Deal sourcing, structuring, negotiation and closing with a wide variety of strategic partners in the retail, media industries and in the agency world
- Direct liaison with foursquare legal counsel to shape contract development
- Help lead direction of evolving foursquare advertising product line and help drive other monetization initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA nice to have
- 3-5 years of relevant business development experience
- Fluency in English and one other of the following languages: Spanish, Italian, French, German, Turkish
- Deep in-market industry expertise and a overflowing Rolodex of contacts within one of our target countries
- Sharp strategic thinker who can help design as well as execute foursquare partnership strategy
- Proven success in sourcing, negotiating, closing and managing complex strategic partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable presenting foursquare capabilities and partnership opportunities to a large audience
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
If you’re interested in helping us build new partnerships, please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting the types of strategic partnerships you’d like to help develop.