B2B Marketing Manager at Foursquare in New York, NY
Our goal is to make the real world easier to use. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping half a million registered businesses ranging from local merchants to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About this position:
We’re not looking for a traditional, dime-a-dozen B2B Marketing Manager. We want someone with insanely awesome marketing skills that will take our initiatives in a qualitative and quantitative direction. You should love making creative and data-driven decisions - all in the frame of merchant and brand partner initiatives for foursquare. Above all, our new B2B Marketing Manager should have a deep passion for the future of foursquare!
- Drive the recruitment of new advertisers by creating and executing large-scale, measureable B2B marketing initiatives
- Produce all core general sales materials in order to help provide the sales team the support to drive revenue
- Scale foursquare’s long-term efforts to grow the number of registered businesses active on foursquare via direct mail, email marketing, trade marketing, etc.
- Work closely with internal teams such as sales, marketing & communications, design and product to understand and market to the needs of merchant and brand partners
- Track and analyze your efforts to optimize results and plan your campaign and channel mix
- Develop thought-leadership materials designed to accelerate industry awareness and adoption of foursquare's, including blog posts, case studies, whitepapers, vertical industry POVs, amongst others
- 3-5 years experience building, launching and managing large-scale b2b marketing programs, including direct mail and digital marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of the agency and ad trade world
- Ideal candidates will have experience at a start-up or early stage company, adept at launching and evangelizing features that may be new to merchants and brands
- Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of the Shopper Marketing space
- Extremely strong writing skills paired with creative ideas on how to promote Foursquare
- Unmatchable analytical and number-crunching skills
- Must be a self-motivated, team player and be able to work in a small, fast paced, exciting environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Desire and passion for social media, including foursquare
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience
This position is based in our New York City headquarters in SoHo. We offer competitive compensation packages, including full benefits and equity for all employees.