Associate, Marketing Strategy & Analysis at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.About this position:
We’re looking for an analytics superstar that’s passionate about our product and analyzing consumer behavior, particularly on the web. As a members of our marketing analytics team, you will take a lead role in analyzing our web usage, developing search engine optimization campaigns, as well as supporting marketing and product decisions through ad hoc analysis and periodic reporting on our usage across platforms (mobile / web / email).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis at a consumer-facing internet company, including search engine optimization campaign development and evaluation
- Excellent SQL, MS Excel and Google Analytics skills
- Attention to detail and data quality
- Knowledge of foursquare, and an ability to clearly understand and analyze our usage and growth drivers
- Ideal candidates will have experience with paid search campaigns
- Ideal candidates will have experience with Hive, Hadoop and clickstream analytics tools
- Must be a self-motivated, team player and be able to work in a small, fast paced, exciting environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor