UI / UX Designer at Flinja in San Francisco, CA
Flinja is the Uber for Work. Initially targeting the college demographic, Flinja has a marketplace of over 100,000 students and alumni who have been vetted by school and area of expertise. Businesses come to Flinja to hyper target students to hire for a variety of projects. Flinja matches real time demand with real time supply.
On Flinja, both students and alumni can post a service, write and read reviews on each other, and create a work profile for the world to see.
Flinja has won several accolades including the DEMOGod Award for Best Social Product at Demo Fall 2012, Top 5 Startups to Watch by GigaOm, and was recently a SXSW Edu 2013 Finalist. Flinja has been featured on TechCrunch, VentureBeat, GigaOm, PandoDaily, Entrepreneur, Forbes, PCMag, Robert Scoble Live, Nibletz, and Telefonica.
53% of recent college grads are finding themselves under or unemployed, yet there are millions of jobs left unfilled. Flinja solves this by providing a platform where students can gain skills and build relevant work experience completing projects while in school. It allows startups and large companies alike to quickly test out the talent of tomorrow at a fraction of the cost.
- Concept and implement the visual language of Flinja.com
- Develop pixel perfect Photoshop comps
- Create and advance site-wide style guides
- Storyboard/prototype UX experiences
- Present at weekly product meetings
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements
- Knowledge of front end markup: HTML/CSS/JQuery/other
- Strong sketching skills
- Image compression best practices
- Full knowledge of Adobe CS
- Information design skills
- BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
- Bonus Skills
- Experience designing for mobile devices
- Icon design
- Ability to measure pixels by eye
- Experience in user testing
- Stock options
- Competitive salaries
- Vacation days & time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Company dinners & happy hour
- Much more...
REQUIRED: HIGHLY RECOMMEND REGISTERING on www.flinja.com and posting a service to understand how the site functions. Questions will be asked during the interview process that pertain to this, including but not limited to: user experience/user interface angles, design elements, call to actions, and information architecture and hierarchy.
Investors include the co-founder of Activision (Howard Marks), Kaplan Ventures, TechStars, CEO/Chairman/Founder of FedEx (Fred Smith), Paul Kessler (Bristol Group) as well as other various Silicon Valley notables.
Flinja FB page shown here: http://www.facebook.com/theflinja?fref=ts
Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/FlinjaWorld