Oracle MWM Functional Architect/Designer at Five Point in Eugene, OR
Five Point Partners, LLC is a provider of technology-enabled consulting services to companies operating in the utility, mining and transportation industries. Five Point provides its clients with advisory, implementation and managed services for complex enterprise software systems. Combined with EP2M, Five Point now has over 250 employees operating in North America, Australia and the Philippines and 65 global clients.
Summary of Position: Oracle MWM Functional Architect will lead the orchestration of creative and practical MWM Oracle Utility software solutions that meet customer business requirements.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customers to ensure that business needs and requirements are identified and documented; seeks understanding of longer-range customer needs and emerging opportunities.
- Provides management of and facilitation for one or more of the following key focus areas:
- Data Conversion
- Business Process Change Management
- Design and configure Oracle/SPL Mobile Workforce Management software.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Conduct workflow analysis to ensure that all business areas of impact are identified and resolved for a successful rollout.
- Leads and participates in the Discovery and Analysis Phases of a project, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling of required workshops
- Preparation of the workshop agenda
- Facilitates workshop sessions
- Documents daily workshop activities and outputs
- Assesses business requirements and development of overall product solutions
- Manages issues and/or action items
- Updates status of required deliverables
- Working with Designers, performs the design of configuration or code based solutions
- Within a Functional lead role:
- Identifies and documents any gaps that will require custom algorithms and plug-ins
- Configures of the base system
- Authors and participates in the Discovery phase and Analysis phase reports
- Within an Extension or Interface role:
- Provides input to the interface strategy documentation
- Documents interface external designs
- Works with Development team to properly translate external design requirements and preferred solution option to internal designs
- Within an Interface lead role:
- Authors the interface strategy documentation Helps set the direction of overall interface architecture
- Manages the initial integration process
- Within a Data Conversion lead role:
- Authors the conversion strategy documentation
- With the Customer, co-authors the data mapping plan
- Helps set the direction of overall conversion program architecture
- Defines and helps manage data exception/validation reporting
- Within a Business Process Change lead role:
- Identifies changes to both organization structure and policies that may be needed as a result of system implementation
- Determines organizational training requirements and develops plan to address
- Provides knowledge transfer to the Customer Core Team
- Supports the Customer team with, but not limited to: Application configuration; Data conversion; Development; Interfaces; Modifications; Testing; Training; Deployment; Post deployment support
- Ensures project documentation in their area of responsibility is up to date.
- Working with the EP2M and Customer project leads, assesses original assumptions and re-estimates task effort at regular intervals.
- Helps to identify risks and issues and assists in the mitigation process.
- This position will be located at various clients’ sites within the U.S.
- Utility experience a major plus.
- Oracle Utilities MWM product experience a major plus.
- Oracle Utilities Application Framework and Configuration tools desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering
- Master degree in information technology, business administration or a related field
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven track record of 5-7 years successful Oracle implementations; with 3-5 years MWM.
- Experience with Oracle Utilities Application Framework and Advanced Configuration Tools. Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with customers, across different departments and levels within the company.
- Proven track record of business change management. Strong knowledge of Oracle/SPL software. Excellent communication skills.
- Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the US.
- Required skills include business analysis, process facilitation, change management, creative and critical thinking, superior written and verbal communications, technical writing, problem solving, presentations, and public speaking.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Handle multiple assignments within a fast-paced environment with potential conflicting schedules
- Proven ability to execute initiatives successfully and meet deadlines
- Positive, “can do” attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to grasp new technology quickly
- Ability to think strategically and grasp the big picture
- Ability to recognize when clarification or further information is needed in order to perform responsibilities
- Able to work with multiple clients during normal and off business hours
- Ability to mentor and cross train
- Ability to take initiative and not be solely task driven
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field
Hardware / Software
- 7+ years of Oracle Utilities product experience
- Software Development Lifecycle experience
Personal characteristics that contribute to success in this position are as follows: strong work ethic; high achiever; high degree of personal responsibility and accountability; strong desire to succeed; strong intuitive skills; strong business acumen.
This position will be located at Five Point clients in various locations throughout the U.S.