Oracle Database Administrator at Five Point in Atlanta, GA
Summary of Position: A senior Oracle Database Administrator for possibly multiple clients of our Managed Services group (based in Atlanta). This is an Operational DBA for both production and non-production systems. Typical duties would include Database setup, daily management, disaster recovery planning, database backup and recovery as well as advising clients on best practices.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect scalable, reliable database solutions according to the needs of the various clients.
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery solutions (dataguard, good backup / recovery, etc).
- Design and deploy Oracle technologies such as RAC, ASM, Grid infrastructure, Grid control, RMAN, Partitioning, and Active/Passive Data Guard.
- Diagnose and recommend the solutions for current Oracle environments, including improving performance, capacity planning, forecast and backup strategy.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- This position will be located at various clients’ sites in within the Metro Atlanta area.
- Partitioning and large database experience a plus.
- Utility experience a major plus.
The Oracle Database Administrator will work primarily with the Business Operations Team, Consultants, Project Managers and Industry Group Leads. Communication with other company personnel, such as Human Resources, Finance and Accounting may be required to accomplish the duties of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8 year’s Oracle administration experience on a UNIX based system (HP, Linux, AIX, Solaris, etc) - Oracle
- Experience building 11g databases independently
- Experience with database replication (to non production environments)
- Experience on RAC, ASM, Grid Infrastructure and Grid Control (OEM)
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance tuning.
- Extensive RMAN experience.
- Experience with Data Guard
- Proficient on UNIX/Oracle scripting
- Proficient on upgrading and patching
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, writing and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Handle multiple assignments within a fast-paced environment with potential conflicting schedules
- Proven ability to execute initiatives successfully and meet deadlines
- Positive, “can do” attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to grasp new technology quickly
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Ability to think strategically and grasp the big picture
- Ability to recognize when clarification or further information is needed in order to perform responsibilities
- Able to work with multiple clients during normal and off business hours
- Ability to mentor and cross train
- Ability to take initiative and not be solely task driven
Hardware / Software
- Oracle 10 and 11g
- UNIX/Oracle scripting
- Personal characteristics that contribute to success in this position are as follows: strong work ethic; high achiever; high degree of personal responsibility and accountability; strong desire to succeed; strong intuitive skills; strong business acumen.
- This position will be located at various Five Point clients’ sites in within the Metro Atlanta area
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Workspace is within a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.