Director of Software Engineering at Project Uplift in San Diego, CA
FanBox is a dynamic web start-up focused on changing the way content is distributed, consumed, and purchased on the internet. Content includes entertainment (i.e. videos & music), information (i.e. blogs on thousands of categories) and educational (i.e. “how to” instructions) content.
FanBox is a knowledge marketplace+ social network + banking engine --- all seamlessly integrated. By enabling content producers to be intelligently compensated for their contribution to the digital economy, we have created a new version of social networking; a digital economy where your actions make money for you and your favorite charitable cause. FanBox also believes in giving back to the communities in which we live. Therefore, 1% of all content provider earnings are contributed to causes and charities chosen by the content provider community, including funding orphanages, fighting illiteracy, and finding the cure to breast cancer.
FanBox is growing and rapidly evolving! We are looking for intelligent, innovative and persistent people to join our thrilling and kind of zany team. If you are a quick thinker and like to solve problems then you’ll never have a shortage of new challenges to attack. If you are a person that thrives on research, digging deep into problems and going after results others said could not be done, then you are who we want.
Description- Director of Software Engineering
As a Director of Software Engineering you are responsible for leading the efforts of the team in all software engineering activities. You manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. Specifically, you would oversee the architecture, design, development, and maintenance efforts for all applications. Your products will be used by millions of consumers around the world on a weekly basis. You will get to work on front end applications; your work will affects millions of users. You will have the opportunity to re-create a software development process from ground up.
- 3+ years of experience managing software development in C#, ASP.NET and SQL.
- 2+ years managing at software development team of at least 3 engineers.
- Proven ability to build software development, release and software up-time process and procedures.
- Experience development and reporting key performance metrics for the software development department.
- Manage a team that designs customer-driven software solutions that must be re-usable, extendible, and scalable.
- Fostering a fun working environment including identifying, mentoring and inspiring engineering talent.
- Being the point person on all engineering projects.
- Managing team members, project objectives and deadlines.
- Work closely with the product team during the concept and design phases.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Manager in 1 or more of the above languages.
- Must be analytical, persistent and a team player.
- “Where there’s a will, there’s a way” attitude.
- The chance to work on a team with a game changing social economy.
- Ability to provide millions of dollars in value to charitable causes and make a difference on this planet during your lifetime.
- Working with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
- An opportunity to help grow and shape the company, to help take a product already built (and showing consumer demand) to market.
- Phenomenal company culture! Casual web 2.0 company in attire with a fierce fire to win, and obsessive focus on metrics.