Business Analyst at empowr in San Diego, CA
Position Location: Gaslamp, San Diego, CA
Company Description: FanBox
- Entrepreneurial Social Network
- Employees: 20
FanBox is a dynamic social marketplace changing how contents, goods and services are distributed, consumed, and purchased on the internet. Content includes entertainment (i.e. videos & music), information (i.e. blogs on thousands of categories), auction for products (watches, purses, etc.), and services (i.e. dog-walking service or massage therapy). A more detailed description of FanBox can be found here:
FanBox is a marketplace+ social network + banking engine --- all in the new social marketplace; you are able to make money for you and your favorite charitable cause. FanBox gives 1% of all content provider earnings to charitable causes chosen by the community, including funding orphanages, fighting illiteracy, and finding the cure to breast cancer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEK5iWres6E
Description: Business Analyst
FanBox is seeking a Business Analyst with strong experience in quantitative analysis to find insight to help improve our product and consumer experience. Being able to combine data analysis with business logic is essential for this position. Rather than rely on a “gut feel” we like to guide our product decisions and improvements through an analytical framework. Turning those data driven insights into product requirements will be essential to helping us deliver a world class experience for our users. We need people that can embrace tight deadlines, responsibility, accountability and have a drive to win.
- Self-management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Analyze trends (for example: user behavior) and build intelligence through reporting
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our business and product decisions
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our data sources and collection methods
- Develop models and conduct statistical analysis
- Work with large amounts of data and build tools to streamline the process
- BS/BA with a preference for Computer Science
- 1-5 years of experience as a data analyst or business analyst
- Demonstrable expert Excel skills, including experience building complex, robust, dynamic, and scalable analyses and models
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, or strong interest in learning
- Demonstrated project management and presentation skills
- Strong willingness to contribute to a small, leveraged team than spans all product areas
- The chance to work on a team with a game changing social economy.
- Ability to provide millions of dollars in value to charitable causes and make a difference on this planet during your lifetime.
- Working with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
- An opportunity to help grow and shape the company, to help take a product already built (and showing consumer demand) to market.
- Vibrant, youthful, fun company culture. Casual web 2.0 company in attire with a fierce fire to win, and obsessive focus on metrics.