Senior QA Engineer at Ensequence in Portland, OR
Ensequence pushes the limits of interactive viewer engagement and delivers the future of entertainment across every platform including TVs, tablets and smartphones. We enable television content providers to increase ratings, advertising effectiveness and merchandise sales by making their shows and commercials more powerful and engaging with interactivity. Our customers are the largest and most innovative programmers, service providers and advertisers in the media industry. To learn more about Ensequence, visit our YouTube Channel.
Ensequence is seeking energetic, innovative, talented and passionate individuals who want to kick off their careers in software development within a high energy, dynamic development team
Senior QA Engineer
Ensequence has built a first class QA organization where each QA Engineer is a peer to the developers they work with. We are looking for dedicated QA Engineers who have spent the last couple years working in a contemporary QA environment.
If you have proven experience breaking apart complex client-server applications into testable components, with well thought out test cases, we want to talk to you. If also have experience with load, performance and scalability testing we really want to talk to you.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer plans and performs testing of enterprise-class software products used for managing interactive television applications.
- Work closely with Developers, Product Owners, Technical Publications, other QA Team Members and all members of an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Review product requirements and specification documents.
- Apply current SQA methodologies to create QA Plans, Test Strategies and detailed Test Cases targeted towards testing complex customer broadcast infrastructures environments.
- Create automated tests using test automation products such as Selenium.
- Clearly document product defects found in testing using bug tracking systems.
- Work closely with engineering and product management to analyze and resolve product-related issues.
- Prepare and maintain test systems, such as PCs, servers and broadcast systems.
- May at times be called upon to lead the QA team and QA efforts for a project.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least three years’ experience as a Software QA Engineer.
- Proven experience with the latest SQA methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of various software development processes such as Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C# or C++.
- Ability to fully plan and execute detailed and comprehensive tests on complex systems.
- Ability to report issues in clear, precise, and accurate language.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: TV broadcast environments, interactive television, rich internet applications, broadband, video encoding and editing, computer graphics, enterprise software applications, or XML.
- Training in one or more aspects of Software Quality Assurance, such as Test Planning or Test Automation.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Client/Server Load and Performance testing.
- Experience with Silverlight, SQL Server 2008, and/or Windows Server 2008.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and teamwork skills.
- A positive, team oriented attitude.
- Ability to cope with change and shifting priorities.
- Ability to take responsibility for a large task and work independently.
Benefits and Compensation
Sure, we cover the basics of competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and 401(k). But we don’t stop there. We provide monthly fitness memberships, a parking/transportation stipend, fun company events, generous paid time off and a relaxed working environment. Oh yeah, and there’s bagels and donuts on Friday, too!
Ensequence is an EEO Employer