Senior Interactive Designer at Elevate Studios, Inc. in Chicago, IL
As Elevate Studios’ Senior Interactive Designer, you will be tasked with creating original visual design concepts for the digital medium including websites, mobile/tablet devices, and social platforms. As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a strong online portfolio demonstrating your past work. You’ll be able to craft visual stories to help build brands online and your design aesthetic is a high-level understanding of typography, graphic design, layout and color theory. You stay on top of design trends and are open to new styles. You never get stuck in old design patterns. You’re quite comfortable with a fast-paced environment and able to work with multiple clients and projects in any given day. Does this sound like you? Are you ready to join a talented group of folks doing amazing things for clients big and small? Let’s chat!
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Creating visual design concepts for the digital medium based on an overarching creative and interactive strategy and in alignment with Elevate’s quality of standards.
- Participating in and/or leading brainstorm sessions as well as visual design presentations to clients.
- Working collaboratively with fellow creative and agency teams through a project’s lifecycle.
- Creating pixel-perfect, production-ready graphic assets.
- Provide clear guidance, inspiration and mentorship to junior designers.
- Working with the project and account management teams to be mindful of client goals, budgets and schedules.
Maintaining an understanding of industry and design trends and be willing to experiment with new tools
and design techniques.
Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- At least 4 years of experience working on client projects in an interactive agency or in-house digital team setting.
- Have a clear understanding of user experience design principles and how they relate to digital design.
- Have a strong online portfolio with several examples of successfully launched projects demonstrating creative thinking and flawless execution.
- Sound foundation in typography, layout, color theory and general design as well as general understanding of HTML/CSS and capabilities of web browsers.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and execution as well as high quality production assets.
- Passionate about interactive design and being hands on to see it through to perfection.
- Ability to function independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects across multiple clients.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to execute in different design styles with a strong focus on innovation.
- Expert proficiency in multiple design software, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS programming, Flash and Actionscript a major plus.
About Elevate Studios:
Approaching our 10th year in operation, Elevate is a privately held, Chicago-headquartered agency offering full-service digital marketing programs for some of the most well recognized brands in the world.
We offer competitive compensation perks including:
- Elevate sponsored premium insurance and health savings account.
- Profit sharing bonus program.
- 15 days paid vacation in your first year.
- A casual and fun work environment (with an office K9 mascot).
- Summer hour Fridays!
Elevate is an equal opportunity workplace. Please include salary expectations and relevant portfolio examples in response. No phone calls please.