Teacher Advocate at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
This position will be responsible for proactively supporting our growing user base of teachers. As a member of the Community Support Team, this position will address all aspects of customer support, including communication with teachers, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within internal departments. The individual will spend a majority of time actively supporting teachers, which requires researching, emailing, troubleshooting, and posting replies. The individual will also work in collaboration with the Community Support Team to make product recommendations, train teachers, and provide on-site and virtual support at educational conferences.
- Grow and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s product and services
- Deliver accurate and timely responses to teachers using several media forms.
- Work closely with the support team and the product teams.
- Support the team with special projects.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- 2+ years of work experience
- Extensive knowledge or interest in K-12 education and/or customer support
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-pace setting while juggling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be personable, approachable, detail oriented and pro-active.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Foreign language skills a plus
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
- Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.