Senior Mobile Developer - iOS at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the role
Edmodo is seeking an experienced iOS mobile developer with the desire and skills to step into a hands-on coding position. We have a small, talented team of engineers, and are looking for someone to hit the ground running, helping us ship code and meet deadlines. An entire generation of learners will be interacting with our mobile products. Therefore, it's imperative we deliver a clean, intuitive user experience.
- Work on iPhone/iPad/iPod application architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released iPhone/iPad/iPod applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Mastery of iPhone technologies (Objective C, iPhone SDK, etc.)
- Mastery of framework/libraries (UI Kit etc.)
- Memory management, threading and concurrent programming.
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of people on a regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams - it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- Expertise with your favorite modern programming language: Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.Experience with OpenGL and/or Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- A solid understanding of algorithms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- If you have shipped any iPhone/iPad/iPod/Android apps that you are proud of, point us in their direction.
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
- Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.