Lead Web Graphic UI Designer at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
More than half of your time will be spent conceptualizing and producing web and mobile ready design and layout. The person in this position absolutely must have experience with modern design techniques and tools used in a production environment. Other requirements of this position include but may not be limited to:
- Conceptualizing, designing and developing multiple web, mobile and print projects
- Layout mockups, design prototypes, produce production-ready graphics
- Manage design workflow and timelines to ensure accurate and timely delivery of projects
- Stay appraised of current and future design trends
- 4+ years in a lead design role, creating exceptional graphics for highly scaled web, mobile & print environment.
- Additional 3-5 years experience in a production design role at a company or agency.
- Demonstrated mastery of layout, color, typographic and design principles as they apply to web and mobile design.
- A portfolio that showcases your versatile 5-7 years of design experience; application must include a link to your online portfolio.
- Expertise with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, & Dreamweaver
- You have worked with a popular, consumer facing, social technology brand
- Experience with educational web sites and mobile applications (or demonstrated passion for K12 education!)
- You have working experience with HTML, CSS, and Flash
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15 and HSA options
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Meal plan
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
- Annual reviews
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.