Senior Director, Media Relations & Communications at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo is a social learning network that provides a safe and easy way for teachers and students to connect, share content and access homework, grades and school notices. The platform also enables teacher-to-teacher resource sharing, global professional development and networking opportunities. To learn more about our background and investors visit http://www.about.edmodo.com.
About the Role
The responsibilities of this position center around raising awareness of Edmodo as a leader in providing a secure, high quality social education platform for K12 with various minor & major media outlets, including individual journalists, broadcast media, news and information aggregators, and social media outlets. The individual will spend more than half of his/her time actively developing journalistic and media relationships, which requires calling on, tracking and maintaining developed contacts. Work assignments will be a combination of self-generated projects reflecting the individual's strategic choices that are aligned with his/her core objectives, as well as assignments provided by the Vice President of Marketing.
- Create, manage and execute the overall public relations and communications strategy for Edmodo
- Draft all press releases, including key messaging and value proposition
- Build, update, and maintain internal Edmodo media database
- Assist in increasing distribution to journalists across vertical industry channels at traditional media outlets (via research and other means)
- Develop relationships with key media organizations and individual journalists
- Plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of events, including but not limited to monthly media breakfasts.
- Research, identify and recommend best sources of targeted media data as well as media partners (including international) to maximize Edmodo news distribution
- Assist in creating and populating new media distribution circuits
- Respond to sales staff questions re: distribution, etc.
- Maintain online resource library in Salesforce (includes electronic sales materials, training materials, competitive information, etc.)
- Assist in media relations training for staff, including current employees and new hires
- Review and monitor industry newsletters, publications, etc., and distribute key information internally and externally (via email/newsletter blast)
- Develop and maintain a competitive library
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Edmodo product training materials (for internal audiences)
- Represent Edmodo at key industry and association functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sufficient analytical skill to guide creative ability in a professional environment
- Must be personable, approachable, detail oriented and appropriately proactive
- Excellent database, computer application, and Internet experience
- Job requires a minimum of 8 years of increasingly responsible service in the fields of corporate communications or public relations
- Have been in this role for another educational technology organization is a plus
- Writing samples required
- Bachelors degree is required
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short term and long term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Wellness time off
- Meal plans
- Paid public transportation
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.