Quality Assurance Engineer at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and motivated QA Engineer to set up the automated testing processes for our web services platform.
- Develop our automated testing framework from scratch, validating accuracy and completeness of functional test cases and/or performance/load testing.
- Create detailed black and white box test strategies, test cases, scripts and suites.
- Select our QA tools, working to find the best and most cost-effective vendor.
- Identify software defects, run test suites, and verify fixes.
- Leverage defect metrics to improve development and testing practices.
- Develop automated unit, functional and performance test suites.
- Help evolve and define team, engineering and QA process improvements.
- Triage defects/issues found in production.
- 3+ years as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a background in unit, functional, and white box testing.
- Highly innovative in testing strategies, as there is a continuous need for original and forward thinking with respect to the evolving needs of the products and internal systems, and the best methods for testing them.
- Experience using automated test tools such as, but not limited to, Selenium, WinRunner, and load testing tools.
- Expert experience with at least one of PHP, Python,Ruby, C++ or Java.
- Familiarity with messaging queues/protocols, and networking protocols.
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
- BS degree required, BSCS preferred.
- Want to move your resume to the top of the pile? Please send us a code sample as your cover letter.
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15 and HSA options
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Meal plan
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
- Annual reviews
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.