Hands-on Recruiting Lead (title DOE) at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo is a social learning network that provides a safe and easy way for teachers and students to connect, share content and access homework, grades and school notices. The platform also enables teacher-to-teacher resource sharing, global professional development and networking opportunities. To learn more about our background and investors visit http://www.about.edmodo.com.
About the Role
Edmodo is setting out to change the world one classroom at a time. We see our work here as gathering the smartest people around the the best technology and focusing all of those resources towards bringing about a powerful future for how learning happens. This role is central to ensuring that we consistently deliver on the promises that we make to all of our stakeholders.
The person in this position has seen and even set the high-bars of winning organizations and feels ready to leap over them. Using your strong understanding of best practices, events, key leaders, valley shapers; your ingenuity, creativity, and vast experience; your passion for building beautiful, enduring things - you would work to create a fun, awe inspiring and ultimately enviable recruiting culture here at Edmodo.
- Create, implement and execute on an overall hiring strategy toward a metrics-based hiring plan inclusive of operational functions (i.e. the sourcing, screening, interviewing and retention of incredible people)
- Own and manage full cycle recruiting for technical and non-technical candidates, including: sourcing, screening, interviewing, negotiating, offering, closing and preparing the candidate for the first day
- Create innovative programs, events and campaigns to help hire "magnet" talent into each business unit
- Work with hiring groups to understand and shape their hiring needs, processes and goals
- Educate hiring groups on corporate and human resources policies and processes
- Create and document recruiting strategies to present to peers, hiring managers, and leadership
- Develop strong relationships with hiring managers and key internal stakeholders
- Create and maintain a strong pipeline of passive talent for all teams
- Partner with leadership to guide organizational effectiveness, change management and conflict resolution, as well as provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, recognition programs, and strategic development
- 5+ years of recruiting and sourcing experience for a search agency and/or in-house recruiting organization
- Proven experience with sourcing methods including Boolean search, user groups, networking and sourcing via web channels (We will ask you about the latest-greatest tools and methodologies!)
- Prior track-record of successfully building, inspiring and managing a scaled recruiting (or similar business operations) function for a high-growth technology company
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, apolitical, and creative problem-solving mindset, who will thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-changing and highly collaborative environment (Suggestion: If you haven't yet mastered managing your anger, please don't apply, yet)
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills with experience managing key vertical and horizontal stakeholder relationships
- Unwavering organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills
- Experience partnering with senior level managers, interviewers and team members throughout the hiring process
- Exceptional project and event management skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing needs, technology, and processes and comfortable making decisions with limited information
- A passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and how it can be applied to shaping a positive and powerful vision for the future
- You associate with being an open-minded and inquisitive person who thrives on new experiences
- A broad knowledge of web technologies and the software development processes
- Interest, exposure and/or experience in the edu-tech space
- Strong qualitative and quatitative reasoning abilities
- Desire to more precisely understand your work and activities through data driven metrics
- Data-visualization skills
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short term and long term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Wellness time off
- Meal plans
- Paid public transportation
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.