Director, Business Development at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
Edmodo is looking to hire someone to identify and execute revenue centric partnerships across our platform. The ideal candidate will be an experienced deal maker with a solid understanding of how to develop highly leveraged partnership opportunities. You have experience managing revenue targets as well as some experience negotiating contracts and managing attorneys in a deal process. You possess exceptional analytical capabilities and are seen as an upbeat and positive self-starter with exceptional people skills. You must also be naturally entrepreneurial, creative and resourceful when prospecting new opportunities. Experience in brand management, marketing, or management consulting is a plus.
- Responsible for leading our revenue partnerships
- Will work with product marketing to frame the partnership structures and highlight key benefits
- Build pipeline of prospects
- Travel and pitch partnership ideas
- Negotiate contracts and close deals
- 8-15 years of total work experience with at least 5 years in sales oriented business development or partnerships tied to revenue numbers
- Exceptional academic acheivement, with an undergraduate degree from a top-tier school
- Highly confident and energetic
- Entrepreneurial attitude or experience
- You light up a room when you enter!
- Experience selling to major brands and CMOs would be highly valued as well as brand marketing experience
- MBA is not required but is a plus
- 2-3 years at top tier consulting firm.
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
- Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.