Developer Advocate at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
Edmodo wants to get more deeply connected to the communities that love technology as much as we do. This position would be focused on supporting 3rd party developers who are building applications and businesses on the Edmodo platform.
A Developer Advocate will help lead our initiatives to establish and grow an exciting and innovative developer community. The person will get to reach out to the creators of great apps, attend and organize developer events,interact with developers through blogs and forums, and be involved in organizing our outreach strategy.
The Developer Advocate will be part of Edmodo’s Platform team, which manages a growing community of thousands of developers, to provide a wide variety of innovative features to Edmodo’s 15+ million users.
- Organize an outreach strategy to foster a community of developers
- Advocate the adoption of Edmodo developer products to strategic partners and the broader developer community
- Evangelize our developer products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, writing technical tutorials, and other similar activities
- Lead the organization of Edmodo’s own developer events
- Interact with developers and guide them through the development process
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and/or college diploma
- Enthusiasm towards technology, and a passion for innovation
- Strong communication skills, both through online channels and in-person conversations
- Coursework in Computer Science or similar field.
- Experience with Web services or APIs
- Experience with blogging or interacting on community forums
- Demonstrated experience in education
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15 and HSA options
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner benefit coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Meal plan
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
- Annual reviews
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.