App Support Specialist at Edmodo in San Mateo, CA
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.edmodo.com.
About the Role
The Edmodo App Support Specialist will facilitate ticket resolution between our App developers and our customers. This role will have experience in customer support and will be able to balance competing priorities in a growing space of the company. As a member of the Support Team, the App specialist will help train the team on key skills that will help the team support Apps in the classroom. With a background in troubleshooting, this role with be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze problems, sift out important information that may not be evident, and create action plans and new processes around the Edmodo Store. This role will liaise with app developers to ensure that their communication is consistent with Edmodo’s Support Team.
- Diagnose cases related to the Edmodo Store and determine the correct channel for reporting it
- Prioritize, characterize and surface trends in Edmodo store cases
- Work with platform developers to resolve cases
- Understand and become an expert in Edmodo with limited internal documentation
- Create processes for communicating important technical announcements surrounding the Edmodo Store
- Provide clear and accurate support for customers and app developers in written and verbal form
- Have ownership over cases from start to finish including troubleshooting, communicating with the customer, and pulling in the platform or engineering teams when needed
- Prepare analytical reports on cases that influence the development of the Edmodo Store
- Work closely with Engineering and Platform teams to resolve cases or escalate if necessary
- Contribute to the knowledge base by writing articles on product functionality, workarounds and best practices
- At least 4 years of experience diagnosing and resolving problems in a complex software environment
- Experience supporting third party integrations and apps
- Working knowledge of current Windows and Mac operating systems
- Excellent communication, including written, verbal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to multi-task and self-start
- Ability to “think like a user”
- Works well in a team environment, is highly motivated to resolve customer concerns and maintains a positive attitude.
- Experience providing direct written customer support
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team: http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
- Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
- Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15, and HSA options
- Kaiser Medical PPO 30 Option
- Gaurdian Dental PPO
- VSP Vision PPO
- Short-term and long-term disability
- LIFE & AD&D
- Vanguard 401(K)
- Domestic partner coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation time off
- Wellness time off
- Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
- Paid public transportation and parking
- The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.