Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - Intern at drchrono in Mountain View, CA
drchrono is a culture of passionate people interested in crafting only the best healthcare platform for patients and doctors with a focus on iPad. We are a silicon valley startup. We strives to solve healthcare problems with mobile technology. We’re building some fascinating stuff.
To thrive as a member of internship team, you must embrace an intense, exciting, work-hard/play-hard environment. Picture a roller coaster. With beverage breaks (coffee or diet coke), hackathons and more.
REQUIREMENT: take our hacker challenge, here., if you do well we will call you! Personal projects will also be reviewed that show an aptitude for programming and product design sense. More
About the role
Join us and help bring ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality.
Here are some high level areas you could help with:
- Scale our architecture and improve performance to handle new users each month
- Build features that make the drchrono platform more robust and easier to use
- Dig into the data to better understand how our users interact with the platform
Our internship software engineers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table. And because we push new versions of the website, our apps and API multiple times a week, it won't take long to get your work out in front of our thousands of users.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You could be an experienced engineer, in school or a recent graduate eager to learn and get involved at all stages of the development life-cycle.
This job will be based in our headquarters, "the chronoplex" in the Mountain View, CA.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, doctor-patient facing web or iOS products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of drchrono feature set
- Be ready & eager to review or write production code on any particular platform during crunch periods
- Implement automated and exploratory testing processes that provide continuous feedback on quality issues; find ways to break our web application before their public release
Implement internal/public facing pages on drchrono.com or/and iOS apps that doctors use
Help make UI and UX decisions
Prototype experimental features
Build reusable CSS/JS frameworks to simplify development
- Hacker strong with CS fundamentals
- Experience building products for fast growing web or mobile products
- Strong Python experience or iOS experience, even better, experience and/or interest in Django
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
- Ability to manage conflicting project demands and thrive in a small, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Understand web services, REST, XML
Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience using MySQL in a production environment
- Love and use HTML5
- Comfortable with AJAX based websites and jQuery
- Paid internship
- Apple gear
- Everyday company meals, snacks and beverages
- Build something that makes the world a better place
- Much more ...