Press Communications Lead at drchrono in Mountain View, CA
drchrono is a culture of passionate people interested in crafting only the best healthcare EHR platform with a focus on iPad. We are a Silicon Valley startup. We’re building some fascinating stuff.
To thrive as a member of team drchrono, you must embrace an intense, exciting, work-hard/play-hard environment. Picture a roller coaster with beverage breaks (coffee or diet coke) and more. You would be part of a entrepreneurial, quick-witted, tough and curious team.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced press communications specialist to join our growing team. Your job is to communicate with the world about drchrono's mission to reinvent the healthcare experience.
As a press communications specialist, you will manage our press campaigns, relations and media communications. You will work in conjunction with the analytics, design, engineering, product, sales, and marketing teams.
This job will be based in our headquarters, "the chronoplex" in the Mountain View, CA. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Plan, develop, and execute PR strategies
Develop written materials, including story pitches, briefing docs, communications plans, press releases, and other collaterals
Manage PR elements of product launches and other important business announcements (i.e. news embargo)
Stay in constant contact with reporters, analysts, bloggers, and other communication/media entities
Develop and keep trusted press relationships
Source new press opportunities
Create and execute compelling, proactive communications campaigns that highlight the benefits of our platform and the success of our physicians
Collaborate with marketing, platform, engineering, support, and other teams to ensure consistent messaging across the company and press
Drive awareness of our platform by placing stories in relevant healthcare, technology, consumer, trade, and business publications
- Generating monthly press from platform updates and momentum
- Engage users, creating and updating advocate users ready for press interviews
- Ensure drchrono's brand and voice is maintained across all communication channels
Schedule press inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations with the founders
Collate and analyze media coverage
Facilitate and create content, including: brochures, handouts, emails, promotional videos, and photographs
Source and manage speaking opportunities
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, either at a PR agency or on an in-house corporate PR team
- Strong, productive relationships with healthcare, technology, consumer, trade, design, product review and business press
- Experience pitching to television, radio, local and national press
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative/unconventional/scrappy thinking to get press attention
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills to execute simultaneous projects and activities
- Self-starter, who consistently creates goals and meets them
- Ability to build and maintain a strong and thoughtful press communications roadmap
- drchrono is a story-driven company, so be able to tell amazing compelling stories!
- Stock options
- Competitive salaries
- Vacation days & time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Apple gear
- Everyday company snacks and beverages
- Build something that makes the world a better place