Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Dot Hill Systems in Longmont, CO
Software Development Engineer - Storage Controller
Dot Hill Systems, a leader in scalable and highly available storage networking solutions, is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in our Longmont Colorado facility. You will be working with top quality engineering staff in a team oriented environment. Our professionals strive to supply customers with superior products and services.
If you're passionate about developing innovative storage solutions while working with a collaborative, down-to-earth and top-tier team of engineers, we'd love to you hear from you!
Key Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be self motivated, task and schedule driven, with a willingness to fill in when needed and quickly identify or move to the next task when the current task is completed, and have a proven ability to work as part of a development team.
The ability to effectively communicate and document software design and effectively listen and discuss technical problems with customers, test team, and development team is a must. The successful candidate will actively participate in detailed code inspections and will have experience developing storage systems.
Minimum Skill/Experience Requirements:
- Embedded software development
- Software design and development methodologies
- Embedded multi-threaded RTOS application development
- C/C++ Skills
SCSI and SCSI based storage protocols (e.g. Fibre Channel, iSCSI and/or SAS)
- Required if more than 7 years of experience
- RAID controller system or other storage controller systems
- Object oriented analysis, design, and development methodology
- Full product development cycle from concept to product shipping
- Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Specific Skill Sets and experiences for the following teams in addition to the above skill requirements:
Platform Team Opening:
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) system software development
- Unified Storage (block and file) system software development
- Embedded Linux kernel, BIOS and driver at expert level
- Porting embedded software solutions between platforms with different OS’s (preferably destination being Linux OS)
- Kernel, RTOS and distributed operating systems
- Software development on multi-core processors
DMS Team Opening:
- Enterprise software feature development
- Storage technologies such as snapshot, replication, CDP (Continuous Data Protection)
- Microsoft VSS (Volume ShadowCopy Service)
- VMWare SRM (Site Recovery Manager) protocols
- Virtual environments such as VMWare and HyperV
- Snapshot plugins for application consistent snapshots (host based)
BS, or MS degree (preferred) in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science
About Dot Hill Systems
Dot Hill’s solutions combine storage software with the industry’s most flexible and extensive hardware platform to deliver best-in-class SAN storage solutions with Five 9′s of availability. Our SAN solutions are trusted by the world’s leading storage manufacturers and their channel partners.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package and a great team-oriented work environment.
Dot Hill is an equal opportunity employer and requires a pre-employment drug screen. EOE M/F/D/V