Principal Engineer - Linux Architect at Dot Hill Systems in Longmont, CO
Linux Architect - Colorado
The Linux Architect will lead the architecture and design of the Linux-based Storage Controller software. If you're passionate about developing innovative storage solutions while working with a collaborative, down-to-earth and top-tier team of engineers, we'd love to you hear from you!
Key Job Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Design, develop, build and enhance an embedded Linux system including:
- Kernel – high familiarity with Linux open source kernel versions and planned Linux community enhancements
- Kernel modules – ability to add and modify kernel modules as our application requires. This includes familiarity with device drivers.
- User-space and Application integration
- Storage and networking protocols and interfaces
- Strong problem solving skills
- Development with using cross-compilation and embedded hardware bring-up
- Mentor and train the development teams through the migration to the new platform
Deliver working product based on the new platform
- Work with management to schedule the successful product delivery
- Work with the test organization to plan and implement QA
- Lead the debug effort as the product moves through test
- Support manufacturing through any changes in process
Individual Skills and Knowledge
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Documentation skills
- Architect-level vision
- Knowledge of storage controller software is highly desired
- 10+ years in Linux kernel and embedded storage development.
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
About Dot Hill Systems
Dot Hill’s solutions combine storage software with the industry’s most flexible and extensive hardware platform to deliver best-in-class SAN storage solutions with Five 9′s of availability. Our SAN solutions are trusted by the world’s leading storage manufacturers and their channel partners.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package and a great team-oriented work environment.
Dot Hill is an equal opportunity employer and requires a pre-employment drug screen. EOE M/F/D/V