UI/UX Designer at Disqus in San Francisco, CA
Disqus is hiring great UI/UX designers to work across all products, including experimental “labs” style products for both publishers and consumers. As a designer at Disqus, you’ll have the opportunity to create new experiences and improve existing ones for an audience of over 500 million users.
An ideal candidate is passionate and empathic about solving problems that matter to our users. Additionally, the candidate will bring the energy and enthusiasm required to create high quality, cutting-edge experiences.
- Research, design, and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements
- Offer simplified solutions for existing work flows
- Contribute to and maintain a library of design patterns for our products
- Utilize feedback loops in the design process
- Build and integrate your work using clean and semantic code
What we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience designing web apps
- Good understanding of end-to-end product lifecycle & development process
- Proficiency in coding your work in HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with integrating designs into a web framework like Django is a plus
- Ability to flourish in a fast paced, design-driven environment
- Superb portfolio of work
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with a presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)