Backend Engineer at Disqus in San Francisco, CA
Disqus is hiring software engineers to work on Python backend development, focusing on our core architecture and scaling to serve hundreds of millions of users.
You'll be writing high performing Python code that deploys to production multiple times a day. You'll make key architectural decisions as well as solve scaling challenges. The right candidate loves programming and is passionate about building products on the web. We have a fast-paced environment with the right balance of quick, iterative development and more deliberate, smart architecting. We are looking for the right people to join our team, solve interesting infrastructure challenges, and help Disqus reach incredible scale.
- Help lead or direct back-end development and server side engineering.
- Design and architect features which will be used by millions of people on release.
- Strengthen or improve development and release processes within the team.
What we're looking for
- You have worked on very large internet applications and were instrumentally involved with the scaling and performance challenges.
- Expert with at least one programming languages, and very good with many others.
- Know Python and Django very well, or have the ability to learn quickly.
- Great understanding of software design principles.
- Very experienced with web application deployment and software design principles.
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with a presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
- We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)