The engineering emphasis for this role is on high-performing, highly optimized client-side code. You will solve challenging engineering problems unique to third-party development, and use client-side technology that won't be found anywhere else. You will be a part of a small, talented team that is responsible for shipping code that is being used by millions of people every day.
- Design and architect software solutions to solve complex problems like real-time communication, cross-domain messaging, and emulating seamless iframes.
- Work with exciting HTML5 browser features like pushState, window.postMessage, CORS, localStorage, and WebSockets.
- Collaborate with our talented design team to implement exciting product features.
- Keep our technology stack current by championing new client-side tools and libraries.
- Write code with performance and browser capability in mind.
What we're looking for
- You're not intimidated by writing code without jQuery.
- You've shipped final, working projects--commercially or open-source.
- You have a real passion for the web and web technology.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate and solve problems with others.
- Self-directed and self-motivated. You should be able to identify and prioritize projects as well as you can execute on them.
- You're very comfortable in a startup environment and will bring an energetic, creative, and fun approach to work.
- Plus: Bonus points for experience with Python and Django.
- Plus: A BS / MS in Computer Science or related field. This helps us understand you, but a degree means less to us than proven ability.
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussion. We are a fast growing company based in San Francisco, with presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)