PHP Developer (Plugins & Integrations) at Disqus in San Francisco, CA
Disqus is hiring a well-rounded web developer to head integration development with publishing platforms, blogging software, and content management systems (CMS).
In this role, you'll initially focus on owning the plugin development for two of Disqus' most popular supported platforms: WordPress and Drupal.
- Design and build plugin integration support for WordPress and Drupal.
- Work with other product teams to integrate Disqus natively for millions of common users
- Use data-driven development to optimize and grow Disqus' fast paced distribution
- Design and implement public API and platform features.
What we're looking for
- Well-rounded developer who can make his or her way around the full software stack.
- Know at least one programming language very well and can pick up new languages quickly. You'll be working heavily with PHP and Python.
- Experience with plugin architectures (specifically WordPress plugin development).
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with a presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)