Marketing at Disqus in San Francisco, CA
Disqus is looking to add a Marketing team member to focus on strategic communications, industry outreach and publisher/user acquisition.
An ideal candidate has strong writing, networking and strategic thinking skills, and has experience in digital media, software as a service (SaaS) and/or online networks. (S)he has a keen interest in social media applications—is detail-oriented, highly reliable and forward thinking—and is a true hustler, passionate about executing and outperforming in an often unstructured environment.
You will be responsible for setting the strategy, developing the plan, coordinating projects and executing against distribution and brand goals, with a focus on communications to the online publishing market, industry stakeholders and end users through both owned and earned media. This position has close interaction with business development, product development, community support, and the executive team.
- Internalize voice of company and personality of brand
- Help set overall marketing strategy and resourcing plan; make proactive recommendations aligned with overall company objectives for priority focus areas and market strengths
- Develop, maintain and project-manage company-wide communications calendar
- Create and distribute thought leadership, customer marketing and press materials, consistent with company voice and personality
- Coordinate projects among other assigned owners across the company, ensuring deadlines and quality standards are consistently achieved
- Provide editing and production leadership for other project owners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key press, event and industry organization contacts
- Organize and help produce communications events that tie back to overall strategy, and to key product and business priorities
- Act as a source of market intelligence and market needs internally
What we're looking for
- 4-10 years of successful marketing, communications and/or similar experience in online business, ideally with SaaS, publishing and/or social applications
- Big-picture thinker who can also dive into the nitty gritty and get things done
- Gifted written and verbal communicator and problem solver; good balance of logical and creative thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills; naturally extroverted with strong Rolodex in online media--particularly with press, event organizers, industry associations and media companies
- Ability to grasp technical or other complex issues intuitively; interacts effectively with technology, business and communications personnel
- Knowledgeable and consistently up to date on relevant industry news, as well as best practices in web services marketing
- Affinity for environments that require independence and proactiveness, but with a team-oriented mindset
- Impeccable organizational skills; keen attention to timelines and priorities with consistently high quality standards
- Ability to assess situations and quickly make decisions
- Sunny disposition; healthy mix of professionalism and sense of fun
- Bachelor's degree preferred, MBA or other relevant Master's degree a plus
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with an office in New York City.
At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, Disqus is one of the largest networks on the web, used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties, and ranked one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Social Media companies of 2011.
Disqus is backed by top investors including Y Combinator, Union Square Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners and others.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)