Community Support at Disqus in San Francisco, CA
At Disqus, we love our users and we're building a mighty team to help keep them happy. We pride ourselves on providing first-class support and quality experiences to everybody.
Candidates must have a proven track record of exceptional customer support experience (e.g., answering emails, tweets, phone calls), or equivalent. Candidates should have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS and ideally have built something using HTML and CSS. We want to see it; show us.
Candidates should also be passionate about communities. Building them, growing them, watching them blossom. Candidates do not need to have built a community but (s)he should have a handful of communities (s)he loves.
- Directly supporting a large community of media outlets, bloggers, and commenters with general inquiries and technical issues.
- Troubleshoot new issues and deliver solutions.
- Explain complex technical issues to users.
- Effectively resolve issues through multiple channels including email and phone.
- Proactively reach out to current and potential users via non-owned support channels.
- Conduct community engagement efforts across all channels and mediums.
- Champion community management and participation best practices.
- Help communities blossom and grow.
- Constantly innovate documentation and solution discovery touchpoints.
- Gather user and community stories for marketing efforts.
- Represent the voice of the network and community.
- Translate user feedback into actionable product insights and ideas.
- Synthesize and communicate issues to the team.
What we're looking for
- Be an outstanding communicator.
- Be smart, friendly, and technical.
- Have ample evidence that you would be great in this position.
- Genuinely care for and empathize with the customer. Embrace the challenge of turning an angry customer into a loyal fan.
- Have a very strong work ethic. We work hard and we care about what we do. You should too.
- Be able to think creatively and resolve issues on your own.
- Be passionate about technology and the web.
- Desire to build a career in the technology industry.
- Bachelor's degree - a technical background would be a plus.
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with a presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)