Business Development Intern at Disqus in New York, NY
Disqus is looking for a Business Development intern to help us research the SaaS, social network, and advertising landscapes. You will lead a project spanning at least 3 months, resulting in adaptable knowledge, flexible models, and specific business strategy/product recommendations.
This is a high visibility project with deliverables that will be critical to the entire organization as Disqus shapes business strategy for its next-generation products and go-to-market planning.
- Sourcing business intellegence and industry insights
- Developing analytical models to capture external research as well as internal data
- Synthesizing information and output into actionable recommendations for the Disqus platform and its products
- Supporting select business development activities and marketing projects to drive distribution and develop the Disqus brand
What We're Looking For
- 2-5 years of business analysis or strategy experience, with experience in online business--ideally with SaaS, publishing and/or social applications
- Proficient at structuring and executing analyses, resourceful problem solving and generating actionable insights, rooted in both logical and creative thinking
- Crisp, incisive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to grasp technical and complex issues intuitively
- Knowledgable and consistently up to date on relevant industry news
- Affinitiy for environments that require independence, proactivity, and scrappiness--but with a team-oriented mindset
- Excellent organizational skills; keen attention to timelines and priorities with consistently high quality standards
- Love of all things internet and curiousity for how online communities come together
- Sunny disposition; healthy mix of professionalism and sense of fun
- Bachelor's degree preferred, MBA or other relevant Master's degree a plus
- Business development, corporate strategy or management consulting experience a plus
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with an office in New York City.
At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, Disqus is one of the largest networks on the web, used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties, and ranked one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Social Media companies of 2011.
Disqus is backed by top investors including Y Combinator, Union Square Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners and others.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked snacks, drinks, and beer
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in SOMA, next to public transportation and parking (blocks from BART, Muni, Caltrain)
- Awesome, casual office environment with plenty of toys (foosball, video games, and more)