Sales Engineer at Disqus in New York, NY
Disqus is hiring an experienced Sales Engineer to help guide Disqus' publishers and provide them with expertise on publishing platforms, blogging software, content management systems (CMS), and future technologies developed by Disqus.
In this role, you'll initially focus on onboarding customers and partners while working closely with our Business Development team.
- Onboard new clients from numerous blogging/publisher platforms
- Provide technical advice on emerging technologies using the Disqus platform
- Help translate client needs for functionality and support on Disqus
- Work closely with Business Development as well as Support and Engineering at Disqus
- Support the sales process by participating in sales meetings, presenting technical content, handling technical questions and creating and presenting custom demos
- Help present new features, and maintain relationships with current clients
What We're Looking For
- Technically savvy about blogging platform languages and familiar with API functionality
- Know at least one programming language very well and can pick up new languages quickly
- Able to convey a customer's technical requirements to project and product teams
- Solid technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable, reliable, and professional
- 3+ years relevant experience in supporting sales
- Experience and familiarity with SaaS business offerings
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
Disqus is all about evolving how people think about online communities and discussions. We are a small but quickly growing company based in San Francisco, with a presence in New York City. At Disqus, we are passionate about building products that encourage active participation on the web. We started Disqus in 2007 because we wanted to improve conversations online. Today, the Disqus commenting platform is used by hundreds of millions of people across some of the web's largest sites and properties. We're looking for all-around great additions to our team. If you'd like to join us, check out our careers page or learn more about us and our team.
We're a small team that gets a lot done and has lots of fun along the way. All employees of Disqus receive the same great benefits.
- Competitive salaries and employee stock options
- Flexible hours so you can be at your most productive
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options
- 401(k) plan, pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Free lunch in office everyday
- Apple computers (or whatever you need for your job)
- Great office location in the Flatiron/"Silicon Alley" area of Manhattan
- Access to networks of top startups, VCs and influentials in tech and digital media
- Spirited, casual office environment