Account Executive at Delivery Agent in Denver, CO
Responsible for selling short-form Direct Response advertising on cable platforms and other media to new and existing clients. Identifies and makes cold calls on prospective clients, meets sales goals, services accounts after the sale is made, and maintains an up-to-date client database. Identifies the clients advertising needs, presents proposed campaigns, and negotiates terms, conditions, and pricing. Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with clients. Follows up and coordinates order processing through all phases of the sales and fulfillment process.
- Sells Short-from Direct Response on cable platforms to new and existing agencies from a range of industries and business sizes.
- Cultivates consultative relationships with clients, forming customer relationships at multiple levels. Makes frequent contact, maintains in-depth knowledge of their business, industry and key competitors, regularly updates needs analysis, monitors campaign effectiveness, resolves problems, and makes changes as required. May entertain clients. Overnight travel may be required
- New business development skills are mandatory. Identifies new prospective clients by observing other media, networking inside and outside of the industry, and looking for new businesses that might want to advertise in order to develop own client list...
- Cold calls prospective clients and new clients and tries to interest them in on-air advertising by explaining the process and benefits of direct response advertising.
- Meets with prospective or existing clients in person to learn the client’s advertising needs.
- Prepares sales proposals and presentations designed to meet individual client needs by reviewing audience data and other research, and consulting with internal resources as needed.
- Delivers sales presentations regarding proposed advertising campaigns to prospective and existing clients.
- Negotiates the terms, conditions, and pricing of advertising campaigns with the client.
- Prepares weekly /monthly /annual sales activity reports
- Keeps client database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with clients.
- Manages and coordinates fulfillment of client advertising orders, e.g., solves problems, develops concepts, monitors quality, ensures that ad copy arrives at platform on time and in proper format.
- Maintains collections to keep bad debt to an absolute minimum.
- Participates in the creation of processes required to sell, implement, and bill for new products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years cable, broadcast (or other media) direct sales experience.
- New business success stories and strategies must be submitted.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with computer software and technology.
Delivery Agent, Inc. (www.deliveryagent.com), named #1 Privately Held Media Company by Inc. Magazine, and #3 on the Deloitte & Touche Silicon Valley Technology Fast 50, is the leader in shopping-enabled programming and content monetization for more than 200 entertainment properties from major media companies such as ABC, CBS, NBC Universal, Twentieth Century Fox, Discovery Communications, A&E Television Networks, HBO, MTV Networks, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, to Boston Celtics, UFC, Univision Communications, and The Weinstein Company. Delivery Agent created the market for shopping-enabled programming by redefining how products related to entertainment are cataloged, merchandised and sold online. Delivery Agent deploys its technology platform, including e-commerce applications, video and mobile products, and interactive advertising solutions to create profitable connections among entertainment content, consumers and brands.