Adjunct Clerk at DDB Worldwide Communications Group in New York, NY
DDB Worldwide Communications Group (DDB) is an advertising network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries. We are currently seeking an Adjunct Clerk for our Facilities and Support Services department at our New York City headquarters. The Adjunct Clerk assumes multiple roles as needed and the workflow dictates. He/she may be called upon to work within any of the department's service groups (i.e. - mail services, maintenance, administrative clerk, conference room services etc.) all in a dynamic and diverse environment.
DDB offers an attractive and competitive benefits package including a selection of medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage plans, paid time off, company paid basic life and AD&D insurance, (discretionary) matching 401k, an ESPP and more.
DDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test copy equipment on all floors to ensure they are operating properly and delivering clean copies; wipe the platen and machine exteriors clean.
- Order copy equipment toner, staples and other supplies, as needed.
- Collect meter reads once monthly for all leased copy equipment and ensure that this information is sent to all relevant parties.
- Monitor Centerware throughout the workday to proactively provide troubleshooting services (i.e. – clear jams, replace toner, replenish supplies etc.).
Assist within the Mail, Executive Kitchen, Maintenance and Administrative service groups, as assigned. Assignments may include (but not be limited to):
- sorting and delivering mail
- fulfilling supply requests
- logging incoming accountable mail and packages
- greeting and assisting walk-up customers in the Mail Center or HQ
- conference room set-ups
- post-meeting cleanup of conference rooms
- pantries upkeep
- pre-meeting prep and post-meeting cleanup in Executive Kitchen
- effecting minor facility related repairs
- assisting during personnel/furniture moves
- responding to customer requests submitted via LanDesk
- logging outgoing messenger deliveries
- serving as switchboard attendant
- coding invoices
- other clerical duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications/Selection Criteria:
- Associates degree (or equivalent level of coursework) in a business related discipline preferred; High School Diploma required.
- Knowledge of how to troubleshoot Xerox reprographic equipment.
- Strong customer services orientation with the interpersonal, written and oral communication skills necessary to effectively interact in person, by e-mail and telephone with a diverse constituency.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds unassisted.
- Available for overtime work, as needed.
- Team oriented, proactive, responsive, resourceful and flexible mindset.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. As the nature of business demands changes so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Clearance of Company standard background checks required.