Senior Internet Engineer at DataXu in Boston, MA
Our people are as innovative as our company!
The "Xu" (pronounced "zoo") is growing and we're looking for additional team members:
Senior Internet Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Internet Engineer to join our team.
This is a new, high profile role, working on edge-specific challenges, such as optimizing dynamic content generation and delivery, with the goal of reducing overall client response times. We have already done a lot of work supporting dynamic content on our server side, so the focus of this role will be to extend those capabilities to the network edge for even better performance.
- Own all in-browser and CDN (Content Delivery Network) services logic and code.
- Create specification for edge any logic implemented by CDN vendors.
- Manage technical relationships with external CDN vendors.
- Work with technical partners on implementation of HTML tags/snippets to achieve high-quality browser-to-server integration including:
- Cookie matching
- Event tracking
- Information transfer
- Work with partners and internal teams on implementation of horizontally-scalable server-to-server integration over HTTP including:
- Bulk information transfer
- Real-time on-demand request processing
- Design and implement monitoring infrastructure to guarantee 24/7 high availability operations meeting pre-scribed uptime and information loss limits.
- Own all in-browser fully-automated testing with coverage of browser vendors and versions including various browser settings and plug-ins installed.
- 4+ years of web development using HTTP and HTML. Knowledge of older standards (HTTP 1.0) or the latest trends (HTML5) is required.
- 2+ years of building web sites/apps for a wide range of browsers and versions
- 2+ years of J2EE Servlet development
- 2+ years of experience building restful web services clients (json over HTTP)
- Experience with text parsing and SQL is a big advantage
- Experience with serve-side restful web service development is a plus
- Experience with a large SaaS business or web site is a must (24/7, high request rates and/or the number of uniques)
- Experience with Ad tech is a plus
- A track record of approaching problems creatively
- A passion for working on “internet engineering” (with all of it’s messy complexity!).
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Europe, and recently voted "Best Place to Work" by Advertising Age and "Top Place to Work" by The Boston Globe, DataXu is the only Digital Marketing Management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for advertising across display, mobile, social and video channels. Now experience exceptional growth, DataXu is a private, venture backed company with the resources to make a big impact in the advertising industry by lead revolutionary change in both technology and media.
DataXu's DX3 is the first and only machine learning-based DMM capable of making impression-level ad-buying decisions in real time, optimizing creative, consumer and contextual ad choices across all media channels to help brands get more customers, faster, for less money. Forrester Research recently recognized DataXu as the leader in our space, with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering ("The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011: http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/)
At DataXu, we're building a world-class company, and are looking for the best and the brightest to take us there. Consider this your opportunity to lead the next wave in advertising technology--in an industry that is expected to double in just the next 5 years!
✓ Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
✓ Flexible Spending Account (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
✓ Onsite dry-cleaning service
✓ Free company lunches weekly
✓ Innovation Day / Hack Day
✓ Generous Employee Referral Program
✓ "Xu Keeper" Monthly Employee Recognition Program
✓ Free snacks and drinks
✓ Friday afternoon Beer & Wine socials