Business Development Director at DataXu in New York, NY
We find our people as innovative as we do our company.
Fun, smart & vibrant people make up our Xu (pronounced "zoo") team! Our collaborative, dynamic & high energy environment makes this the kind of place where people want to work. Our Xu team is looking for additional members
Business Development Director
This role reports to the VP of Business Development. This is an ideal position for a proven deal maker looking for serious career advancement and the opportunity to make a real impact at a hyper-growth global digital media start up. Position is located in NYC
- Deliver new Business Development initiatives and ad hoc projects through the identification, evaluation, selection and integration of new partner relationships.
- Support existing initiatives and relationships continually driving incremental ROI through strategic management and restructuring.
- Drive business and partner deals in support of new expansion areas both internationally, as well as across multiple channels including mobile, video and display.
- Build quantitative and well supported business cases to drive new growth initiatives.
- Assist with the research and design of new product and sales channel development involving partners.
- Support new product initiatives and sales packaging by gathering external requirements, signing up partners, and leading product development initiatives 6-12 months out.
- BA/BS with demonstrated leadership, accomplishments outside of the classroom and academic excellence.
- 5-10 years business development experience in an innovation industry (e.g. digital media, interactive advertising, technology, and/or online publishing) required. Deep knowledge of the exchange traded media space, DSP’s and 3rd party data strongly preferred.
- Fluent and comfortable with ad technologies (e.g. pixels, s2s, cookie matching). Bonus points for being able to recite the name of every company on the LUMA Landscape.
- Excellent presentation and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to get deals done.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and grow relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, and identify and quantify new opportunities.
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding performance goals.
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices throughout North America and Europe, DataXu (www.dataxu.com)( Voted Advertising Age’s 2011 #5 Best Place to Work & Named "Top Place to Work in 2011" by Boston Globe) is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisers. With exceptional growth, DataXu is a private, venture backed company with the resources to make a big impact and the agility to lead revolutionary change in both technology and media.
DataXu is leading a revolution in advertising with the first and only machine learning-based Digital Marketing Management (DMM) platform: DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. We’re already recognized as a leader in the Forrester Research December 2011 report: "The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011," in which DataXu is recognized as a Leader with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering. http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond its technology, DataXu has developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising and servicing advertisers and media agencies trying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working. DataXu is now expanding those relationships globally.
Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
Onsite dry cleaning service
Company paid weekly catered lunches
Generous Employee Referral Program
Monthly Employee Recognition Program
Free snacks and drinks