On-site Technician - Freehold at Data Doctors in Freehold, NJ
Data Doctors is the leading franchise chain of computer service centers in the United States, with locations in 18 metropolitan areas. Celebrating 25 years since our founding in 1988, we have pioneered the business of providing top tier computer and technology services to residential and small business customers. Unique among our peers, all of our service centers are conveniently located in retail areas that are easily accessible to both residential and business customers.
We are currently looking to hire a Business Engineer for the New Jersey market. Position based out of Freehold.
- Responsible for providing on-site technical support including assistance for administering servers and workstations, maintaining all hardware and/or software, address network issues, and troubleshooting problems in a timely manner.
- Work with residential and business customers to resolve issues with their technology and increase their productivity.
- Offer solutions based on customer’s needs.
- Communicate problems and solutions to customers without using “Geek Speak.”
- Install new workstations, servers, disaster recovery plans, and software implementations.
- Design, maintain, and configure all network components including routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft operating systems including Server 2008 and later and Windows XP and later
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Exchange including Exchange 2007 and later
- 3+ years experience with networking
- 5+ years customer service experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Willing to undergo background checks as a condition for employment
- Able to work well with others of all personality types
- Cerfications: A+, MCSE, MCP, Net+, MCITP/MCTS, Security+. Experience with Mac OSX.
- Paid days off, purchase benefits, company vehicle, medical/dental benefits.