Front End Developer and Designer at CrowdSurge in New York, NY
Our company was established in January 2008 to provide white-label e-commerce software, hardware and marketing solutions to artists, bands, promoters and venues, enabling them to sell tickets directly to fans.
With offices strategically positioned in London, New York, Nashville and Los Angeles, we have a growing track record of successful initiatives – with major artists and renowned labels – aimed at closing the gap between rights holders and their customers.
About The Role:
This a NY-based role best suited for someone that’s passionate about building web applications and producing front-end designs and interfaces. The successful applicant will feel comfortable working within a fast-paced workplace environment while juggling various tasks.
The Front End Developer and Designer will be responsible for building both customer and client-facing products that ensure our company remains on the cutting edge of ticketing and e-commerce. Working alongside Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to produce wireframes and front-end code, he or she should feel comfortable working independently as well as with others to produce high quality work. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Creating and coding client-specific e-commerce designs
- Creating custom solutions for client requirements
- Supporting the business internally with admin tools and ad-hoc report creation
- Providing input and knowledge on driving internal technology forward
- Assisting in propelling cohesive design across all areas of the organization
The ideal candidate can be best described as:
- Having 2-5 years experience in building consumer facing web products
- Comfortable in server side application development
- Having a working knowledge of MySQL
- Able to write queries from scratch to gather required data
- Able to write scalable, re-usable and high performance front-end code
- Keenly aware of pixel perfection
- Displaying a demonstrable interest for modern trends in UI and UX Design
Because we use different technologies to execute our products, the applicant should be confident in working with the following:
- HTML5 & CSS3, without the use of a visual editor
- Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch or similar software for the creation of Retina ready assets
- Responsive design techniques, including frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Facebook Open Graph , Echo Nest, Instagram, Songkick etc.
- HTML email templates
- Data visualization
- Server-side architecture and technology
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Healthcare benefits
- Pension scheme
- Share plan in place
The company is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees.